The Life Coaching/Intensive Case Management strategy provides funding to re-direct the highest risk youth and young adults in Oakland towards healthy participation in their families and communities through coaching and mentoring, system navigation, advocacy, and connection to needed resources.
Oakland Unite contact: Mark Henderson
Intensive Youth Case Management aims to re-engage the highest risk youth in school and help them to reduce or eliminate their engagement with the Juevenile Justice system. This sub-strategy is a partnership between Oakland Unite, Alameda County Probation Department, Oakland Unified School District, and Almaeda County Health Care Services.
Referrals are through the JJC Manager: Hattie Tate phone: (510) 667-7488 email: hattie.tate(AT)ousd.k12.ca.us address: Transition Center, 2500 Fairmont Drive, San Leandro
- East Bay Asian Youth Center (EBAYC) – Gianna Tran
- Motivating, Inspiring, Supporting and Serving Sexually Exploited Youth (MISSSEY) – Jakki Bedsole
- OUSD Office of Alternative Education (in collaboration with California Youth Outreach) – Debra Mendoza
- East Bay Agency for Children –Jill Reed
- The Mentoring Center (TMC) – Achebe Hoskins
- Youth ALIVE! - Kyndra Simmons
Intensive Adult Case Management aims to re-direct young adults away from violence and towards making positive changes in their own lives.